Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eagle Eye

I was driving a back road to Payson and spotted a bald eagle on top of a telephone pole. I had to pull over and snap a picture. A nice couple pulled up to me and asked if I needed help. I said, "No, I'm just taking a picture of that bald eagle." Then they drove off without even turning their heads to look at it...! How do you not turn your head to look at an eagle??? Is it me? Am I just a bird freak?


 
 I saw the eagle three days in a row on Arrow Head Trail Road in Payson.  I didn't have my camera with me the first day, I snapped the above photos on the second day and I went back a third day and he was there again! So I snapped some more pics! I'm happy to report that a young man pulled over to see if I needed help on the third day.When I pointed out the eagle, he got out of his car to admire the bird with me.  My faith in humanity has been restored!!


So after the third day of pulling over, getting out of my car and staring at this beautiful bird...he finally stared back at me.  Then he flew away.  I've been back four times since then, and I haven't seen him again.  I guess I annoyed him.  Sorry bird.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. I love seeing bald eagles. On the way to the airport in Denver last week, my mother remembered a time when we had seen a bald eagle on the way... Right then, I saw a large bird off to the side of the road that I thought was a hawk, but it was an eagle! So cool...

Heidi said...

The pictures with the snow falling look like they should be in a magazine! I can'r believe he stayed so you could take the picture.

Cord loves birds too and points them out all the time as we drive around.

Kellie & Cody said...

Karen! You have a blog! Do you care if I blog stalk you!!! And that is a gorgeous bird!!